Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chickens, Cows, Sheep and Legs?


                                                                   Hey again! 
I recently went to the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto! For everyone that doesn't know what that is, it's a giant farming festival that displays hundreds of smelly prize winning animals, not to mention a HUGE supply of free food samples like freshly made cheddar cheese, mmmm. Anyway, I usually go to the fair every year to draw the animals and this year I decided to experiment with watercolour pencils! I've never used them before, but I found that they were an incredibly fun medium, and they look awesome, especially when rendering feathers. I also did a pencil sketch of some guys in jackets shaving a cow. It was strange, I've never seen anyone shave a cow before. They use these interesting looking razors that look like mini swiffers. I coloured the sketch quickly in photoshop after I got home:)
Overall it was a fun day! I didn't get any drawing of llamas because all the kids wanted to see the llamas and kept stepping all over my backpack, not to mention the giant hoards of people squishing me up to the fence. I was so close to the goats and llamas a one point, I swear they would have started eating my clothes haha.


Watercolour Animals!
 
Shaving a cow
 Along with going to the fair, I've been doing a lot of life drawing. I've been experimenting with pastels, marker, watercolour and different kinds of paper. I will be posting all of these drawings very soon! Recently though, I've been doing studies of the human leg because I noticed that I tend to spend a lot of time with the torso when I am life drawing. Sadly, I seem to neglect the legs and feet. To give myself a better understanding of the legs I spent an entire session just drawing legs and then I turned them into ecorche drawings to learn about the muscle structure underneath. When I went into lifedrawing class this morning I noticed that I was drawing the legs better! Hooray! Now I just need to work on getting the whole pose in....
Critiques are welcome:) ENJOY! :)

           








No comments:

Post a Comment